Pay-per-click marketing is an advertising strategy that has become popular because of the reported amazing return on investment. We are talking about 300% or even higher ROI. Yet, there are experts who say that a PPC management service is not for all businesses.
How will you know if your company can indeed benefit from PPC management in generating leads, sales, and ultimately influencing your bottom line?
Why is PPC Management Important?
A Pay Per Click management service involves managing and overseeing how much a company spends on Pay-per-click ads. It is used to achieve different campaign goals like increasing sales, generating leads, and promoting brand awareness.
Internet marketing campaigns benefit greatly from effective PPC Management services. In fact, 65% of people click Google Ads and 41% of people click on the top three paid advertisements on Google. It is also a known fact that PPC visitors are 50% more likely to make a purchase than organic traffic.
If you are targeting your local audience, consider the fact that 75% of users searching locally found the information they are looking for through PPC will visit the store.
Here is how PPC marketing can work for your company or business:
If You are a Direct-Response Marketer or an Online Retailer
If you are a direct-response marketer, your marketing efforts will send messages to your consumers directly to let them do a specific call-to-action that you direct them to such as:
- Calling a phone number with no charges
- Filling out a request online for more information
- Buying a product that you offer online
Direct marketing is typically observed in businesses like software companies, newspapers and magazines, sellers of information products, and online retailers.
When you include pay-per-click marketing in your marketing strategies, you are able to access key performance indicator statistics such as click-through rate, conversion rate, and other important performance statistics which will help you determine how to improve on marketing strategies and which ones you should focus on.
It Will Work if You Are a Brand Advertiser
Any brand advertiser would want to build a “brand image”, also referred to as a psychological construct, in the minds of their target audience. This is to influence offline or future purchasing behavior.
If you belong to this spectrum, you can use pay-per-click marketing as a tool to help increase the significant value that accumulates with brand imaging.
Pay-per-click marketing does a lot to help you build on the “brand image” that stays on the minds of your target audience. In a psychological sense, this will significantly influence your audience in their buying behavior even offline and in future opportunities to buy your products and/or services.
Here are the performance statistics that you can significantly affect and measure to how your target audience perceives your brand image:
- Brand awareness
- Brand recognition
- Top-of-mind awareness
For brand advertisers, here are ways they can benefit from pay-per-click marketing in paid search:
- More cost-effective than other forms of advertising through traditional means like advertising through TV or radio commercials, which could reach seven- and eight-figure advertising budgets.
- Reach out to a target audience that are actively searching for products and/or services that are related to your brand. This includes all weak and strong associations to what you are offering like
- Information about your product (ingredients and the like)
- Promotions (coupons, discounts, sales, etc.)
- The deeper but less obvious association
- Unprecedented control on adjusting and customizing the ad message including variations that are needed to incorporate on the ad copy to make it more significant and search-specific, including important elements like demographics.
What is the Difference Between PPC and Google AdWords?
According to Wordstream, “Google Adwords is Google’s PPC advertising platform and main source of revenue. Typically, PPC advertisers use AdWords to bid on the keywords they want to trigger their sponsored ads.”
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of PPC?
There are cost-effective benefits and challenges to consider when doing PPC. The Advantages of running PPC advertising include:
- It is cost-effective because you spend money only on actual visits to your website and you have the option to choose how much you will spend.
- You can choose your targeted audience depending on different factors that you would like.
- You can set it up in a manner that you will be able to carefully measure effectiveness and determine specifically how much your ROI is.
- It is customizable. You can make small adjustments to improve depending on your needs and the best ways to reach your marketing goals.
- You can experience immediate results from your PPC efforts.
The challenges with PPC advertising are:
- You will need to invest time into optimizing and improving your PPC campaigns so that you will get the results that you want.
- You may need to hire a specialist agency to set up effective campaigns that bring results.
- Money can be wasted when your campaigns aren’t monitored and optimized.
- You may not always earn from clicks or visits. You will still need to use other strategies to make your users convert and move down the sales funnel when they are on your website.
Is PPC Marketing For Your Business?
PPC marketing can be highly competitive, especially on major search engines like Google. Consider the advantages and disadvantages and the reasons it may work for your business so that you will not end up wasting your investment.